Art By Ree

Art by Ree Bachmeier, specializing in quality art since 1982.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosa, South Dakota, United States

Daily Paintings and thoughts that have very little consequence in life.
Contact Me

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Speaking Of Buffalo........



Ok, so we weren't speaking of buffalo, but I thought about a story that I heard from a tourist guide in Custer State Park.

Custer State Park in the Black Hills of South Dakota is well known for it's large herds of buffalo. (Technically speaking, they are actually bison.) Tourists flock to the park to view the buffalo, the mountain goat, big horn sheep and wild turkey.

My guide friend told me about one group of tourists that were very disappointed that they didn't see any buffalo.

"I'm sorry, but this time of year all the buffalo are up in the trees having their babies." explained the guide.

"OH!!!" exclaimed the tourist, eyes wide in amazement, "I had no idea they could climb trees!"

Tourists are great entertainment to us locals....

;o)

.......
Buffalo ACEO Mini Painting On Ebay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home