Art By Ree

Art by Ree Bachmeier, specializing in quality art since 1982.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosa, South Dakota, United States

Daily Paintings and thoughts that have very little consequence in life.
Contact Me

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Penguin As Still Life Painting

This little porcelain penguin sits happily on a shelf in my kitchen. He is a cute little dude, and makes me smile when I look at him. So when deciding to work on a realistic still life painting, what better choice than him?

This is an acrylic painting on a tweed colored artist's paper, made by Canson. I like Canson paper, they are consistent in their product and this particular tweed color gives the illusion of texture, a bit more 'depth' than plain white.

In painting this little penguin, I decided to forgo any shadow, I thought it was kind of neat how he just sort of 'hangs there' in space.
........
My Ebay Store

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home