Art By Ree

Art by Ree Bachmeier, specializing in quality art since 1982.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosa, South Dakota, United States

Daily Paintings and thoughts that have very little consequence in life.
Contact Me

Friday, February 16, 2007

Garden Dragon Hollyhocks



Garden Dragon Hollyhocks. Fourth painting in the "Garden Dragon" series. Acrylic on Canson paper. Matted and ready to frame. Will fit an 8 X 10 inch frame.
.......
To Purchase on Ebay: Click Here
.......

I'm really having fun with these little dragons. The idea came to me several years ago, and although I did do a few paintings with tiny dragons in them, my thought had always been to do an entire series of them. I debated on what size I wanted them in, deciding on the smaller pieces that will fit an 8 X 10 inch frame. In a size like this, they would look great as a small grouping with two or more together.

The next decision was technique. I debated on making them realistic, to more abstract. I decided on a looser feel with a minimal amount of paint. I liked the lighter touch, almost a "lace" feel to it. As with any Garden Dragon, I believe that sometimes you really have to search to see them, the viewer adds a bit of their own imagination to the painting itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home