Art By Ree

Art by Ree Bachmeier, specializing in quality art since 1982.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosa, South Dakota, United States

Daily Paintings and thoughts that have very little consequence in life.
Contact Me

Monday, December 04, 2006

Frog As Still Life

"Frog As Still Life" Acrylic on Canson colored paper. Matted, will fit a 5 X 7 inch frame. $35.00 For more information or to purchase.... SOLD......
*******

I have some nifty colored paper, made by Canson. It seems to work for my little "floating still-life's". I like the "texture' that the tweed color implies, and it helps me to focus on the little object without worrying too much about background.

Since this is a lighter weight paper than I usually use, I can't fall back on my over-use of washes. The distinct lines of the object and the starkness of using the paper itself as background does not allow for any boo-boo's at the edges of the subject.

With no room for mistakes it can be a little un-nerving when I know that each brush stroke, if placed wrong could send the little painting straight to the trash.

*******

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home