Art By Ree

Art by Ree Bachmeier, specializing in quality art since 1982.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosa, South Dakota, United States

Daily Paintings and thoughts that have very little consequence in life.
Contact Me

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Two Rocks




Two Rocks 9 X 12 inch painting. Acrylic on canvas board. $50.00
Click Here To Purchase

Along a mountain road in the Black Hills, are two huge rocks. They have split off from the cliff base and stand leaning against each other. On the slope of the hill itself, one wonders how long they will continue the fight against gravity.

Yesterday, I took a special trip to them, to capture a photo for work on today's daily painting. The time of day did not give the best lighting, and when I returned to download the photo, I was discouraged to find the photo blurry and dreary. My original thought of a realistic/detailed painting of these two rocks would not be helped by this photo.

I studied the photo for a long time, trying to decide if I should pack up and head back for another photo, when I realized that this might not have been an accident in my pathetic try at photography. The more impressionistic style that would come from my use of this photo mistake, might give me the loose darkness that the two rocks needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home