Art By Ree

Art by Ree Bachmeier, specializing in quality art since 1982.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosa, South Dakota, United States

Daily Paintings and thoughts that have very little consequence in life.
Contact Me

Monday, November 06, 2006

Blue Jay #1




Blue Jay #1 ACEO 2.5 X 3.5 inch mini painting. Acrylic on 140 lb. Canson paper. $12.00
Click Here To Purchase

Every morning, a woodpecker visits the young cottonwood outside my window. I decided to try to photo him to use as my focus for today. As luck would have it, he didn't show. Obvious stage fright. Instead, this burly blue jay came. Haughty and bold, he sat for a long time, glaring at me while I wrestled with an unruly camera. He sat so still, for so long, I could have forgotten the camera and simply painted him plein air.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Nice images.
Good luck.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Ree Bachmeier said...

Thank You!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home