Art By Ree

Art by Ree Bachmeier, specializing in quality art since 1982.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hermosa, South Dakota, United States

Daily Paintings and thoughts that have very little consequence in life.
Contact Me

Thursday, October 18, 2007

What Does A Teapot And A Playground Have In Common?

The teapot is going to help buy new equipment for the playground.

Over the years I have donated a few paintings to charity auctions. It is sometimes difficult deciding which charities to respond to.

Last night I received an email from a Second Grade teacher of a grade school in a small town near me. Population = 850.

Part of her email: "I just wondered if it would be possible to get an autographed item from you to auction off at a community auction that I am going to be holding at the end of January. I am contacting different celebrities in order to try to make this an auction that will really make a difference."

She had me at the word "celebrity"... hehehe....

Anyway, I chose this little teapot painting. I'm getting it framed and it will be mailed this week. Hopefully it will help to raise the $8,000 more that they need.
.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home